What We Do?
We Address the Complete Picture of Health
Our work is based on the knowledge that there is a whole lot more to health than treating people when they are sick. We follow the World Health Organization's holistic definition of health:
"Health is the extent to which an individual or group is able, on one hand, to realize aspirations and satisfy needs; and, on the other hand, to change or cope with the environment. Health is therefore seen as a resource for every day life, not the objective of living; it is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacity"
To achieve this complete concept of good health, we've put together a team with many different types of skills: nurse practitioners, diabetes nurse educators, physicians, medical office assistants, dietitians, social workers, community health educators and health promoters.
Our team offers a holistic and comprehensive approach:
- The primary care we provide focuses on health promotion and illness prevention;
- We deliver community development programs that respond to, and reduce, the root causes of illness and injury;
- We advocate for improvements in public policy to improve health and break down barriers preventing people from accessing the care and supports they need.
We Offer Open Focused Care:
- We recognize that all individuals have assets and gifts to share. Our task is to invite people to share these assets to build a healthier Bramalea;
- We follow an anti-oppressive practice which aims to eradicate social injustice and health disparities perpetuated by social inequalities. We value everyone's participation; especially those with diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation and identity, age, class, ability and religion.
- We ensure that our staff speak the languages of our clients and understand the different cultural contexts in which they live
- We offer client-centered care. We try to offer the right care at the right time. For our clients, it means we offer same day appointments. They can call for an appointment the day they want to see their health care provider.
- We are fluid and mobile because we want our clients to easily connect with us. You will find us in action throughout Bramalea; in community centres, seniors' homes, schools, libraries or other social service agencies. Transportation costs or physical ability should not be a barrier for you to access good health care.
- We partner with other health and social service agencies so our clients can easily access other types of supports they need. We build relationships so we can make referrals to a wider network of supports such as employment, settlement, housing, education, seniors care, etc.
40 Finchgate Blvd, Suite 224
Brampton, ON L6T 3J1
Mon, Wed, Thu: 8am to 8pm
Tues: 1pm to 8pm
Fri: 8am to 4pm
Saturday: 8am to 12pm*
*Health n' Smiles:
8am to 12pm two Saturdays a month