Health n' Smiles Dental Clinic
In collaboration with the Region of Peel and the Province of Ontario, Bramalea Community Health Centre will open a Health n’ Smiles Dental Centre to eligible residents September 2011.
- Launch Celebration Invitation on Thursday October 20, 2011 from 4:00 to 6:00 (Word Doc)
- View Health n' Smiles Flyer (Word Doc)
- View Health n' Smiles Brochure (PDF)
Introducing Our Dental Team
- Dr. Kirandip Johal - Dentist
- Dr. Sanjukta Mohanta - Dentist
- Cleopatra Giles - Dental Assistant
- Nilam Dave - Dental Assistant
- Zermena Trzcinski - Dental Receptionist
Dental Hygienists and Oral Health Educators from the Region of Peel are also part of our dental team.
Besides English we can speak: Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, and Polish. For those that are not able to communicate in any of those languages, interpretation services are available.
Who are eligible for our dental services?
We will provide dental care to eligible residents from Peel Region who are on government sponsored dental plans such as:
- Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) - application form (Word document) http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/dental/
- Children in Need of Treatment (CINOT) http://www.peelregion.ca/health/dental-health/fin-help4kids.htm
- Ontario Works (OW) http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/ow/help/benefits/health_benefits.aspx
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/odsp/index.aspx
- Region of Peel Seniors' Dental Program http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/ow/index.aspx
Applications for these programs can be obtained from the listed links.
For eligible clients, the following services are offered:
- Emergency treatment
- Selective root canals
- Dental Cleaning
- Fluoride treatment
- Oral Health Education
*A fee is required for laboratory costs
The Health n' Smiles dental team is dedicated to oral hygiene education and nutritional advice.
After Hour Dental Emergencies
For after hour dental emergencies, you can go to one of the following locations:
Brampton Urgent Care Clinic
51 Mountainash Road #8
Bovaird Drive and Mountainash Road
10am to 10pm weekdays, 10am to 6pm weekends
Brampton Civic Hospital
2100 Bovaird Drive East
Bramalea Road and Bovaird Drive
Late Night Dental in Brampton (at your cost)
49 Hillcrest Avenue, Suite 102
7pm to 10 pm
Oral health plays an important role in overall health as cavities and gum diseases are linked to conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, premature birth, and low birth weight. For more information see http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/oral-bucco/index-eng.php. Oral health not only affects your physical health but your self-esteem as well. When you feel good about your teeth and gums, you will smile more and be more confident during personal interactions.
Remember: prevention is the best medicine.
For information on brushing, flossing, toothpaste and diet, please visist the Ontario Dental Association website at http://www.oda.on.ca/
To contact us please:
Health n’ Smiles
Bramalea Community Health Centre
40 Finchgate Blvd. Suite 325
Call: (905) 799-8748
Fax: (905) 799-9712
40 Finchgate Blvd, Suite 224
Brampton, ON L6T 3J1
Mon, Wed, Thu: 8am to 8pm
Tues: 1pm to 8pm
Fri: 8am to 4pm
Saturday: 8am to 12pm*
*Health n' Smiles:
8am to 12pm two Saturdays a month